Puff pastry with saffron cream
This is the perfect dish to impress your last-minute guests. Puff pastry cups with saffron cream hide a stuffing of melted mozzarella made with our mattarello Libera: the taste of authentic pizza mozzarella, with no lactose. To give the dish an original taste, a delicate saffron cream made at home in just a few steps.
- 1 mattarello “Libera”
- 1 packet of puff pastry
- 1 a small bag of saffron
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml of sunflower oil
- 15 ml of lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat the static oven at 200°C and divide the puff pastry in four big stripes.
- 2Oil the small aluminium cups and put in the puff pastry stripes. Make sure you reach the bottom of the cup and press lightly.
- 3Cut the mattarello into cubes and fill in the cups.
- 4Delicately brush the edge of the cups with egg yolk and bake for 15 minutes.
- 5To prepare the saffron cream, start by breaking an egg in a bowl, add the sunflower oil, the lemon juice, the content of the saffron bag and a pinch of salt.
- 6Using a hand blender work the mixture until its texture is creamy and velvety.
- 7Take the cups out of the oven and put on a plate. You can decorate them with pepper and some saffron cream.
Fresh and delicate taste, the original flavour of Italian milk.
Fresh and stretchy mozzarella for pizza and other baked dishes.
White scamorza “LIBERA”
Pasta filata (spun paste) cheese with the taste of sweet fresh milk.
Smoked scamorza “LIBERA”
Pasta filata (spun paste) cheese with an intense and smoked flavour.
Discs of Apulian scamorza cheese perfect to cook in a frying pan.